Friday, September 30, 2011 10:23 AM
Choosing an interior colour scheme can be rather daunting - and faced with so many colour swatches from various paint companies, can make one feel confused.
Choosing a colour or entire scheme, is not just about choosing a colour you like - you need to take the following into consideration:
1. The colour of your existing furniture/furnishings
2. The size and orientation of your windows
3. The type and location of artificial lighting - thus need to check colours at night under the artificial lighting as well.
4. What will the space be used for; and at what time/s of the day or at night?
5. Take into consideration that light reflects off the ceiling, walls and floors; and thus the colour will change once in situ.
6. Remember that warm colours (reds, oranges, yellows, browns) bring a space forward and make it seem closer - good for making a space cosy or for cooler climates.
Remember that cool colours (blues/greens) recede - perfect for making a space larger or for warmer climates.